Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter. — Izaak Walton
Thanks for visiting the website of the Health & Wellbeing in Planning Peer Support Network! It aims to support practitioners working in the area of promoting health through planning and the built environment, whether you are a planner, health professional, architect, developer, academic, engineer in any sector.
It aims to build on, not duplicate, the many networks out there by allowing a central point of call for information exchanges and peer support on issues you face.
If you wish to join as an active Member, please go to the Requests, join as Member and Contact Us area to submit your details.
If you have a request for advice, information or support, please go to the Requests, join as Member and Contact Us area to submit your details.
If you are just browsing through, then welcome and hope you find what you need by accessing various information and updates.
Functions to growing need and demand for planning and health support
- One-stop source for informal strategic advice with access to more expert and bespoke support.
- Members acting as ‘Peers’ to help signpost requests for support and expertise.
- Networking opportunities for people with similar roles and expertise ie through meetings or events
- Provide platform for sharing, testing ideas and approaches
- Provide a single voice (or sounding board of practitioners) with potential to respond to policy consultations if time and capacity allows.
Areas of support
- Strategic information and signposting
- Comments on planning policy
- Comments on approach to health-proofing development proposals
- Individual and organisational capacity building
Supporting the Network
We appreciate the following organisations helping to disseminate and promote the Network:
This Network has been jointly founded by Michael Chang, Rachel Flowers and Gemma McKinnon. It is very much a Network by everyone for everyone.